Updates and New Items
The past two weeks I have dedicated all my time into making new jewelry and other items. I was invited by a friend to attend a craft show in Chicago. I went in with high hopes that I was going to make at least a little something. but no dice. I think it was a combo of the weather Saturday and how hard it was to find parking. However, it was nice to spend time with a friend and meet new people.
Today I added all the new items that I have made in the last two weeks on my shop handmade site today. I think there might be a lag in how they update the new inventory on their pages, I'm really starting to get frustrated with how the website updates shops and the lack of support they have for store owners. I still looking into other site options.
I don't like Etsy. Their track record with BIPOC shop owners isn't the best, plus they take like 10% of your money and have a listing fee. Ya, I'm trying to make money not give it away.
A few pieces that I would like to highlight here are two of the wire wrapped seashell necklaces
![]() |
| wire wrapped seashell necklace set. With Lapus Lazuli, Abalone shell chips, and repurposed coral. $150 |
This is one of my favorite pieces. This one of the shells I found while I was on a trip with friends in NC on the Outer Bank for their wedding. My daughter calls this the "Unicorn" shell necklace. The Coral beads in the piece I was given a bag with a buncha old and broken jewelry from a friend to repurpose. I love the combination of the coral color and the deep blue of the lapus lazuli. I think it really captures the heart of the ocean. This wasn't going to be a set at first, but I was thinking while making it that if I bought this necklace I would like to have a bracelet, and some earrings as well.
Sometimes while making pieces I have to remake them at least three or four times before I find the right combination of colors that will make something that doesn't look horrible. But this piece I didn't have that struggle, it came together like these components was supposed to be this way.
I have a lot of seashells, a lot of them have been gifted to me over the years, and others I have found on different trips to the woods, river or the very rare trip to the ocean. This next piece I'm super proud of. Mostly because I feel it one that my mom would wear.
.
I love the softness of this piece, the coolness of the teal sea glass and amazonite works so well with the soft purple of the shell. Part of me would like to keep this for myself, but I know it needs to find a good home instead.
I have uploaded all the new items on to my shop homemade site and I'm hoping they will all be showing up by tomorrow morning. I will make another post and share a link to the other spaces in which I am selling items.
Thank you to everyone who has been sharing and supporting my shop. I'm really working hard to try to grow something with this. I know it's going to take some time, but if I can survive the soul-crushing work of grad school then I can dip down and find the patience to make this brand into a thing.
Like our facebook page and follow us on Tumblr: https://www.facebook.com/theemberfinchMarketplace
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/theemberfinchmarketplace
and visit my store at:
http://www.shophandmade.com/store/theemberfinch/
Andi
![]() |
| Large wire wrapped purple quahog shell necklace with pink moonstone, teal amazonite, black pearls, and sea glass. $100 |
.
I love the softness of this piece, the coolness of the teal sea glass and amazonite works so well with the soft purple of the shell. Part of me would like to keep this for myself, but I know it needs to find a good home instead.
I have uploaded all the new items on to my shop homemade site and I'm hoping they will all be showing up by tomorrow morning. I will make another post and share a link to the other spaces in which I am selling items.
Thank you to everyone who has been sharing and supporting my shop. I'm really working hard to try to grow something with this. I know it's going to take some time, but if I can survive the soul-crushing work of grad school then I can dip down and find the patience to make this brand into a thing.
Like our facebook page and follow us on Tumblr: https://www.facebook.com/theemberfinchMarketplace
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/theemberfinchmarketplace
and visit my store at:
http://www.shophandmade.com/store/theemberfinch/
Andi


Comments
Post a Comment